Program at a Glance
- College of Business
Develop a Foundation in Managing Financial Information for Individuals and Businesses
The Accounting, BSBA program at UCF prepares you with the various knowledge and skills needed to succeed in today’s complex financial world. Throughout your coursework, you’ll gain hands-on experience in calculating and interpreting financial performance, articulating the various aspects of a financial statement, as well as assessing the integrity of financial information. This comprehensive curriculum offers insight into the different tasks and challenges you may experience in the profession.
During your studies, you’ll be required to complete at least one internship which provides you with an opportunity to take what you’ve learned in the classroom and apply it to real-world settings. Upon graduation, gain employment in many different areas of business such as banking, financial planning, sales, production management, client management, product development, procurement and general management. Accounting graduates can also continue their education by applying for the Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) program and become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Please note that while licensure or certification may be available in this field of study, the Accounting, BSBA program does not lead to such licensure or certification upon graduation. However, the professional preparation you receive in this program may still assist you in such pursuits. Additionally, the accounting degree is not eligible for a double degree with another College of Business Administration major.
- Business Analytics, BSBA
- Business Economics, BSBA
- Economics, BS
- Finance, BSBA
UCF was ranked as one of the Best Undergraduate Business Programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2021.
The economics program at UCF is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The job outlook for accountants and auditors is projected to grow 4 percent through 2029.
The median annual salary for accountants and auditors is $73K.
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
- May 1
- November 1
- March 1
- July 1
- November 1
- March 1
- March 1
- September 1
- January 1
Ready toget started?
Start Your Application Today
Ready to get started? Take the next step to save your spot at UCF.
Check out your application requirements. See what freshmen and transfer students need to apply.
Short on time? You can start your application today and come back later to finish.
Cost Accounting I
Learn about theory and practice of using accounting information for managerial planning, and control as well as in costing and pricing decisions.
Develop the skill set needed to extract value from big data through advanced analytics and emerging technologies in an accounting, auditing and tax environment.
Assume a strategic view of organizations and integrate and apply material learned in your business courses to modern organizational problems and opportunities.
View All Accounting Courses You’ll Take
Accounting Skills You’ll Learn
- Understand the concepts and mechanics of each financial statement and be able to articulate how information flows through to each of the statements.
- Calculate and interpret major indicators of financial performance and use this information for decision-making purposes.
- Demonstrate comprehension of technical auditing concepts.
- Gain first-hand experience in applying your analytical, critical-thinking and problem solving skills.
- Accounting Clerk
- Budget Analyst
- Forensic Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Environmental Accountant
College of Business News
Check out more stories
Colleges & Campus
Research in 60 Seconds: How Immersion Affects the User Experience
Lecturer of integrated business Ray Eddy ’21PhD’s research examines how immersion works, who enjoys it and whether it encourages repeat participation.
Colleges & Campus
UCF Podcast: Season 3 Launches with a New Host
As UCF’s official podcast returns, get to know the Knight who will be sharing stories of the innovators, entrepreneurs and creators making an impact on…
Business & Economy
The Institute for Economic Forecasting strives to provide complete, accurate and timely national, state and regional forecasts and economic analyses.
Business & Economy
U.S. Forecast: Economy on Brink of ‘Pasta Bowl’ Recession
National economist and Director of UCF’s Institute for Economic Forecasting Sean Snaith predicts the U.S. will experience a recession over the next four quarters.
University of Central Florida Colleges
Burnett HonorsArts and HumanitiesCommunity Innovation and EducationEngineering and Computer ScienceGraduate StudiesHealth Professions and SciencesMedicineNursingOptics and PhotonicsSciencesUndergraduate StudiesHospitality Management
The purpose of the Accounting B.S.B.A. degree is to prepare students to successfully gain admittance to our Accounting M.S.A. graduate degree program and become Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). Not eligible for a double degree with another College of Business Administration major.
- Completion of the UCF General Education program and Gordon Rule, or an AA degree from a Florida College System or State University System institution, and completion of each Common Program Prerequisite course with a "C" or better.
- Completion of the following courses at UCF or at an AACSB accredited institution: QMB 3200, MAR 3023, FIN 3403, MAN 3025, and ACG 3131, with a GPA of at least 3.0, a grade of at least "B" in ACG 3131, and no grade below a "C". One course may be repeated one time in the next term of enrollment to meet these requirements.
- Completion of GEB 3006
- Completion of Common Program Prerequisites.
- A student's academic catalog year guarantees their graduation requirements, but not their admission requirements. All pre-majors are held to the current admission standards. This applies to both native and transfer students.
- Students who change degree programs and select this major must adopt the most current catalog.
- Students wanting to major in Accounting must meet admission requirements for the major.
- Any student receiving a business degree must complete a minimum of 30 of the 60 upper level business credit hours for their degree program in the UCF College of Business Administration. Additionally, 12 of the 30 credit hours completed at UCF must be from the department or school in which the student majors.
- For students seeking a double major within the College of Business, a maximum of 6 hours of Required Courses for the Major or Restricted Electives may count towards another business major.
- A maximum of 6 hours of Core Requirements or Restricted Electives may count towards another degree program or minor.
- Students in the Accounting major must maintain a 2.75 or higher cumulative Grade Point Average in all 3000 level or higher Accounting or Tax courses and a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA in all College of Business courses taken at UCF. Failure to maintain the required GPAs will result in the student being placed on Lack of Progress in the major and/ or College. If a student on Lack of Progress fails to achieve the minimum required GPA in the subsequent term of enrollment, the student will be dismissed as an Accounting major and/or College of Business student. A student who is dismissed may seek consideration for re-admittance into the College or major by submitting a letter indicating the reasons for academic difficulties and positive plans for achieving the required GPA. Readmission is not automatic or guaranteed and as an exception to College policy is rarely granted.
- Students must earn a "B" or higher in ACG 3131. In addition, only grades of "C" or higher transfer into the program and students must earn a minimum of "C" or higher in all business courses. This includes all courses under requirements Common Program Prerequisites (CPP), Core Requirements: Advanced Level (Primary Core, Secondary Core and Required Courses for Major), Restricted Electives and Capstone Requirements below.
Core Requirements: Advanced Level
51 Total Credits No Rules
15 Total Credits
- Complete the following:
- ACG3131 - Intermediate Financial Accounting I (3)
- FIN3403 - Business Finance (3)
- MAN3025 - Management of Organizations (3)
- MAR3023 - Marketing (3)
- QMB3200 - Quantitative Business Tools II (3)
15 Total Credits
- Complete the following:
- GEB3006 - Introduction to Career Development and Financial Plannings (3)
- GEB3005 - Career Search Strategy (1)
- BUL3130 - Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (3)
- MAR3203 - Supply Chain and Operations Management (3)
- GEB4223 - Business Interviewing Techniques (1)
- GEB4004 - Executing Your Career Plan (1)
- QMB3602 - Business Research for Decision Making (3)
Required courses for major
21 Total Credits
- Complete the following:
- ACG3141 - Intermediate Financial Accounting II (3)
- ACG3361 - Cost Accounting I (3)
- ACG4401C - Accounting Information Systems (3)
- ACG4651 - Auditing (3)
- ACG4803 - Advanced Issues in Financial Accounting (3)
- TAX4001 - Taxation of Business Entities and Transactions (3)
- ACG4840 - Accounting Analytics (3)
6 Total Credits
- Business Electives
- Earn at least 6 credits from the following types of courses: Choose any two upper level business courses
3 Total Credits
- Complete all of the following
- Admitted to a Business major, senior standing, and completion of MAN 3025, MAR 3023, FIN 3403, QMB 3200, and ACG 3173 or ACG 3131 are required to register for MAN 4720.
- Complete the following:
- MAN4720 - Strategic Management (3)
Grand Total Credits: 60
Does UCF have an accounting program? ›
The Accounting, BSBA program at UCF prepares you with the various knowledge and skills needed to succeed in today's complex financial world.What is BSBA major in accounting? ›
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Accounting program (BSBA-A) provides knowledge and skills in the fundamentals of Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Economics, Business Organization and Management.What is a BSBA UCF? ›
The BSBA degree in Business Economics offered through the Department of Economics provides students with meaningful opportunities to learn analytical tools and economic theories in order to build critical thinking skills.Is UF good for accounting? ›
Today, as one of the nation's few free-standing accounting schools, the Fisher School of Accounting has cultivated a distinctive identity at the University of Florida and among the nation's top business programs.Is Bsba a Bachelor degree? ›
Overview. The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) is a four-year program which provides professional business and management education for those who would like to become entrepreneurs or pursue a career in any field of business such as economics, finance, human capital management, and marketing.Is accounting a good major? ›
Is Accounting a Good Major? The short answer is a resounding yes. If you want to work in accounting, finance or business, getting a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting is a great investment in your career.Which is harder BSA or BSBA? ›
Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA) is the most difficult of the three. In terms of duration, it is the only business program with a 5 year curriculum. BSBA in Management Accounting (BSBA-MA) and BS in Accounting Technology (BSAT) both have a 4 year curriculum.Is a BSBA an accounting degree? ›
Business Accounting Programs
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) degree in Accounting is designed for adult learners interested in becoming accountants and auditors.
BBA or Bachelor of Business Administration is a three year long undergraduate programme. This course equips one with managerial skills required in corporate sectors. The basic eligibility criteria is to pass 12th from a recognized board. There is no such thing as easy and hard.Is business marketing a BA or BS? ›
At undergraduate level, marketing degrees are available both as a BA (Bachelor of Arts) or a BS (Bachelor of Science).
What does Bsba stand for? ›
Among the most popular are: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA).Is UCF good for finance? ›
UCF is recognized as one of the Best Business Programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report. The only program in Florida that offers a FinTech minor and a FinTech certificate. Finance occupations are projected to grow roughly 9% through 2029. The median earnings for finance graduates is $81,000.What is an accounting degree called? ›
The Bachelor of Accountancy, also known as Bachelor of Accounting, is the principal academic degree in accountancy in several countries, and is often the only (undergraduate) degree recognised for subsequent practice as a professional accountant; see First professional degree. It is abbreviated as B.Do you need an accounting degree to audit? ›
Generally, you need at least a bachelor's degree to enter the profession of auditing.What is the acceptance rate at UF? › Which is better BBA or BSBA? ›
What is the Difference Between BSBA Degree and BBA Degree? A BSBA degree is more math-oriented than a BBA, which focuses on providing students with a more general overview of business, economics, accounting, and marketing.Which is better BBA or BS accounting and finance? ›
The core difference between these two business programs is the focus on accounting and financial management. BBA focuses on a wide range of business-related subjects whereas accounts and finance are the core subjects of the program BS Accounting and Finance. This eventually leads to the difference in the career path.Does BSBA have board exam? ›
The BS in Business Administration does not have a board examination. However, graduates may opt to take the Civil Service Examination (CSE) conducted by the Philippine Civil Service Commission (PCSC) to qualify in working in government offices.Is accounting a hard degree? ›
Getting your degree in accounting really isn't any more difficult than any other potential field of study. Just like any other program, you'll run into some elements of accounting that are complex, but you may also find some of it to be relatively intuitive, or even easy.Which is harder finance or accounting? ›
Generally speaking, people consider accounting majors to be more difficult to study and pass than finance majors. And there are a few different reasons for this. The content of accounting majors is, on average, much more technical than for finance majors, and this can make it more difficult.
What is the best field in accounting? ›
- Auditor. ...
- Information and Technology Accountant. ...
- Senior Financial Analyst. ...
- Forensic Accountant. ...
- Managerial Accountant. ...
- Controller. ...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Graduates of BSBA in Banking and Finance may pursue a career path in any financial institutions, corporations, and auditing companies. They may apply as an accounting officer, banking assistant, loan officer, budget analyst, and tax examiner.What job can I get in BSBA major in Financial Management? ›
- Financial Analyst. Investment Researcher. FOREX Specialist.
- Fund Manager. Trust/Treasury Assistant. Equity Analyst/Bond Analyst.
- Stocks/Bonds/Derivatives Trader or Broker. Bank Management Trainee. Financial Consultant.
- Finance Supervisor. Risk Management Associate.
Business Management majors must complete the following major requirements to be able to graduate from the program: a portfolio, an internship, and a thesis. The first requirement is a portfolio of research papers, projects, and creative work submitted in predetermined subjects.How many years does it take to get a BS Accountancy? ›
The Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA) is a four-year program which provides general accounting education to learners who wish to pursue a professional career as accountants, particularly as public accountants for the civil service.Why did you choose BSBA as your course? ›
Why did I choose BSBA in Financial Management: I chose this course because I believe that I do best in this field and it's my passion. About my college education: I believe that when you're into something you really want, you will never get bored. Everything will be an adventure and a challenge to pursue.What are the subjects in BSBA course? ›
- Principles of Management.
- Accounting I and II.
- Business Communication.
- Basic Microeconomics.
- Total Quality Management.
- Human Resource Management.
- Social Responsibility and Good Governance.
Yes, you can do BBA as the candidate who get 50% or more in 10+2 in any recognized board is eligible for BBA course.Can I be an accountant with BBA? ›
After BBA, the graduate may pursue a Master of Business Administration course for additional expertise in education and exposure to management. The course trains individuals for CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) positions in Banking, Tax or Management Accounting, and Auditing.Do I need maths for BBA? ›
One can do BBA without Mathematics. It is not necessary to have maths in class 12 in order to pursue BBA in India. There are some colleges like NMIMS SCHOOL OF COMMERCE, in which maths is compulsory for admission.It is because the curriculum there is very exhaustive and requires quantitative and analytical skills.
What's the best business degree to major in? ›
- Business administration/management.
- Logistics/supply chain.
- Management information systems.
Doctorate Degree In Marketing
A doctorate degree in marketing is the highest academic degree in marketing that you can achieve. This degree is best for those looking to teach marketing, or to pursue a career in research.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
A bachelor's in business administration is a strong alternative option for aspiring marketing professionals, as these programs aim to develop students' foundational knowledge of the core principles of business-related concepts, such as marketing.
The BSBA in Financial Management course is quite difficult as it require a lot of calculation and analytical thinking. A person who loves numbers, logic and problem solving will surely enjoy this course.What is the easiest course in college? ›
- Film History. If you're imagining that you'll be sitting in a theatre and watching films all the time, then you're only somewhat wrong. ...
- Creative Writing. There are infinite ways to tell a story. ...
- Physical Education. ...
- Psychology. ...
- Public Speaking. ...
- Anthropology. ...
- Art History. ...
- Physical Education.
- Political Science.
- Computer Science/Web Design/Cybersecurity.
Finance is a moderately hard major. Finance is easier than STEM subjects but more difficult than liberal arts majors. Most students find a finance degree difficult because of the moderately complex mathematics involved, the interdisciplinary approach, and the unfamiliar concepts and vocabulary included in the major.Which school is better UCF or FSU? ›
Hence, it is safe to say that both colleges are good but FSU has an edge over UCF due to its graduation rate, placements, student-faculty ratio and reputation.Is it harder to get into UCF or FSU? ›
Is University of Central Florida (UCF) or Florida State University (FSU) Harder to get into? Which school is easier to get into? If you're looking at acceptance rate alone, then University of Central Florida (UCF) is more difficult to get into.Is a 2 year accounting degree worth it? ›
Yes, an Associates Degree in Accounting is worth it for many students. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 5% job growth in business and financial occupations for the next 10 years, faster than the average for all occupations.
What is the lowest degree in accounting? ›
Accounting careers can open up to people with associate, bachelor's, or graduate degrees. Most accounting professionals hold either a bachelor's or master's degree, and becoming a CPA typically requires a master's in accounting or a related field.What is the highest degree in accountancy? ›
A PhD in accounting is the highest level of accounting degree that is offered. Most students who pursue an accounting degree at the doctoral level are interested in conducting research or teaching at the university level.Is accounting harder than engineering? ›
Engineering is more difficult to study than Accounting because Engineering involves complex math and physics, making it more difficult to study. Engineering is a more difficult career path than Accounting because there are fewer opportunities for advancement and career growth.Which is better accountant or auditor? ›
Generally speaking, an accountant is involved in preparing financial statements and reports, and sometimes gives financial advice or makes financial recommendations, while an auditor reviews the financial records to make sure that there are no irregularities or discrepancies, and that the financial records have been ...Can you call yourself an accountant without a CPA? ›
Accounting is basically the recording and reporting of business and financial transactions. Anyone who does that function can call themselves an accountant, even without a degree in accounting, although typically an accountant does have an accounting-related degree.What GPA is needed for UF? ›
The state minimum requirements for Freshmen applicants can be found here; however, UF's standards for admissions are significantly higher than the state minimums. Applicants who are admitted typically have at least (and usually higher than) a 3.7 High School GPA.Why is UF ranked so highly? ›
“UF's position in the rankings is reflective of our continual, rapid strengthening in teaching, learning and research performance — smaller class sizes, consistently high graduation and retention rates, and the increased value of each student's degree after graduation,” Mori Hosseini, chair of the UF Board of Trustees, ...What is the minimum GPA for University of Florida? ›
Must have a minimum 2.0 overall GPA and a minimum 2.0 GPA at the last institution attended as calculated by UF. Must complete or will complete specific prerequisites for intended major before attending UF.What classes do you have to take in college for accounting? ›
- Intermediate and advanced financial accounting.
- Intermediate and advanced managerial accounting.
- Accounting software and information systems.
- Business law.
- Business statistics.
- Ethics in business.
Completed the educational requirement for Florida CPA licensure. The requirement is 150 semester/200 quarter hours including 36 semester hours of accounting courses, 39 semester hours of business courses and a bachelor's degree. Passed the Uniform CPA Exam with a grade of 75 on all sections of the exam.
What is UCF acceptance rate? ›Is MSA the same as MAcc? ›
What is the difference between a Master of Accounting (MAcc) and a Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA)? Although they are often used interchangeably, many master's in accounting programs are focused primarily on foundational knowledge and basic accounting principles.What degree is best for accounting? ›
Earning a bachelor's degree in accounting can help qualify you to sit for the certified public accountant (CPA) exam. With a CPA credential you can find more positions at advanced levels. However, to meet the full educational requirements for CPA licensure, many candidates choose to obtain a master's degree.How hard is an accounting degree? ›
Accounting can be a very challenging major and takes four years of serious commitment to complete. With difficult classes, intense curriculums, and very little free time, many international students find that accounting may not be right for them and decide to leave the field.What level of math is needed for accounting? ›
Accounting isn't hard-core math. It's basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Possibly some light, entry-level algebra, but that's it. You don't have to understand calculus.Is the CPA exam hard? ›
It is considered one of the most challenging exams for obtaining standardized professional credentials. When the national pass rate is approximately 1 in 2, those who will eventually need to take the CPA exam should use every resource possible to give them an edge against a nearly 50% fail rate.Are accountants in demand in Florida? ›
Yes, accountants can earn a good income due to the high demand. They can earn more money by taking a master's degree.Can you take CPA exam without degree accounting? ›
You do not need a degree in accounting or prior work experience in the accounting industry to sit for the CPA Exam. Individuals with a variety of backgrounds have earned the CPA designation. There are a many ways to meet the requirements to sit for the CPA Exam.What major is UCF known for? ›
The most popular majors at University of Central Florida include: Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Health Professions and Related Programs; Psychology; Engineering; Visual and Performing Arts; Education; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies; Computer and ...What is the minimum GPA for University of Florida? ›
Must have a minimum 2.0 overall GPA and a minimum 2.0 GPA at the last institution attended as calculated by UF. Must complete or will complete specific prerequisites for intended major before attending UF.
Is UCF better than FSU? ›
Hence, it is safe to say that both colleges are good but FSU has an edge over UCF due to its graduation rate, placements, student-faculty ratio and reputation.Is CPA better than Masters? ›
Getting a CPA License is a Must in Certain Industries
For most industries, getting a master's degree is not a must. However, you need a CPA license to move beyond the manager level in any reputable CPA firm. A CPA license also becomes almost necessary once you move to senior finance positions in big companies.
A Master of Accountancy is a specific graduate level degree provided to students interested in going on to work in the field of accounting. The Master of Accountancy is sometimes abbreviated to the MAcc, the MAc, or the MAcy.What is an MSA degree? ›
A Master of Science in Administration degree (abbreviated MScA or MSA) is a type of Master of Science degree awarded by universities in many countries. It is a relatively new field of study that came into existence in the mid-to-late 1970s.